Sunday, February 4, 2018

Week 2 of my yoga practice

I wanted to try a different Yoga studio called Yoga inspired in Mullica Hill. Mullica Hill is near where my family is from. My sister has been to this studio a few times before and told me how much she loved the instructors and atmosphere. I attended the saturday morning class because that was the only one that worked out with my busy school and work schedule. There was three other people in the class with me, most women around my age. The studio is up in this little loft area above an old bank, it was a little difficult to find but worth it after all the confusion. It was painted a soft sky blue and had candles lit with relaxing decorations, magical windows and sting lights hanging from the wall. The yoga instructor was very welcoming at 9 am and explained to me right off the back her experience and yoga training. My instructor was this middle-aged woman named Janet and she is awesome! She has a cool backround of traveling the world with different jobs that she held but she said yoga was always there for her when she returned. She became a certified yoga teacher through yoga alliance with 200 hour training. I enjoyed this class because she opened up to us and when people do that it automatically makes me feel comfortable with a person.

This week I tried to find a type of yoga i have not tried yet so i chose Ashtanga. I thought this class focused more on the breathing and enlongating each pose. She explained more about what each pose was and how to properly do that pose. I have been to other classes where the instructor did not explain thoroughly about a certain pose maybe because it was an advanced class. I took in the new atmophere and the people surrounding me and learned from everything. I definitely will be attending there again I had a very positive experience.

1 comment:

  1. I would consider that no instruction may not be the same as advanced.:)

    ReplyDelete