Sunday, March 4, 2018

yoga as healing

This week was a stressful one. After having one of the worst weeks I have had in a while and still attending kickboxing to distract my mind I needed a relaxing, meditation class. I have been doing classes that I really needed to focus on my movements or atleast I put too much pressure on myself to try so hard to be perfect at each pose. I have taking yin yoga before and I remember blogging about it and saying how "boring" it was. Taking Yin this week really made me realize how important of a class it is. This type of yoga is used frequently by people trying to heal themselves from injuries or whatever the issue is. My instructor told me before about how she is a physical therapist and she had a hip or knee injury and had a much better recovery starting yin yoga rather than doing the therapy. I have heard many healng stories and I was skeptical at first but I kind of agree with everyone. I, somebody who has alot of mental health problems really benefit from all aspects of yoga. I need to go more than once a week but my schedule does not always allow me too, but I try to go twice a week as much as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment