Friday, March 9, 2018

Yoga as a lifestyle and culture

I noticed that yoga has been evolving from "traditional yoga" to "pop culture" by taking traditional yoga and adding things that will attract a younger crowd. All over social media I have been seeing ridiculous yoga practices, but they are one's that would attract me and my friends. The one I recently saw was "brewery yoga". Most of the classes that I have seen have been located in Philadelphia or New York. They are probably located in big cities because usually a younger crowd live in those areas. I have also seen puppy yoga which I love animals so that definitely caught my attention but also I thought it was a little odd. Yoga is suppose to be a stress free environment and as much as I love dogs, 30 puppies running around and most likely shitting in the yoga studio sounds like an anxiety attack to me?

No comments:

Post a Comment